The Amish was right

Your virtual horse boarding super center
NinjaPoodle
Reactions: 6

The Amish was right

Post by NinjaPoodle »

The Amish farmers got it right and that is because they valued horses. They use horses to run their farms and horses don't need oil to run. When the oil is gone and the US president has been killed, the Amish farmers still have food and you don't.

They were right and everyone else weren't. Embrace the horse.

Smucky
Reactions: 8

Re: The Amish was right

Post by Smucky »

I sometimes get on a kick and fantasize about owning a small sailboat. You can go anywhere in the world for free. You can eat the fish from the ocean while you sail and pee and crap in the water. It sounds awesome.
But then one day, I realized that living in a tent and owning a horse was just about the same. You can pee and crap where ever, eat random plants for food, and the horse will carry you around where ever you want to go.
As my grandpa always said "A horse will do anything for a handful of corn".
:cat:Smucky the cat
Smucky
Reactions: 8

Post by Smucky »

I still got my grandpa's horses. But they are useless, old and decrepit. I'm just waiting for them to die at this point to free up space. For comparison, the water tank is about 30" high.
20180304_133433(1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:cat:Smucky the cat
NinjaPoodle

Post by NinjaPoodle »

It's time to upgrade. Buy an Ardennern.
Crawdaddy79
Reactions: 4

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

This is my favorite thread on the new MB so far. In some way I think we all want food security above anything else. This is why horses will do anything for a handful of corn. Also goats.
NinjaPoodle

Post by NinjaPoodle »

Smucky wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 pm I still got my grandpa's horses. But they are useless, old and decrepit. I'm just waiting for them to die at this point to free up space. For comparison, the water tank is about 30" high.

20180304_133433(1).jpg
You should make a miniature plow for this horse. Then get some kids or midgets to drive it.